Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

What do we have here?

-A dead body
-$28M
-No next of kin
-100% risk free
-Invocation of God

Aah, it must be a Nigerian scam.

Here the writer asks me to help him steal $28M (which does not exist), from the bank account of a person who never existed.

He assures that it is better that he get the money; rather than a corrupt government official, tautology surely?

He also assures me that I am the only person that he has contacted, this of course is a huge whopper. He has emailed thousands with this daft story. Unfortunately, the law of averages indicates that a few of these people will be stupid and greedy enough to fall for this amateurish con trick.

Not I, and not you I hope!

FROM: MR SIMON DAMA.
GRAND FINANCE AND TRUST BANK.
RUE CLUB DE L' AMITIE,
0251 B.P. 1625 COTONOU,
BéNIN REPUBLIQUE.
SWIFT: GRAFITR CTNOU
MAIL:


Dear Friend,


In Oder to transfer to overseas $28.5 million(USD)
from GRAND FINANCE AND TRUST BANK,Bénin Republique.
I want to ask you to quietly look for a reliable
and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide
either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank
a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c
can serve to receive this funds quitely.

I am Mr. Simon Dama, the accountant/auditor of
the above Finance Corporation in Cotonou,
Bénin Republique and personal confidant to An Australian
Engr Donald Pepper who died in a ghastly motor
accident(year 2001) in Bénin Republique.

Engr Donald Pepper, is An Australian,and a prosperous oil\Gold
merchant, he died in the year 2001 without having any
beneficiary to his assets including his account here in
Bénin which he opened in the above stated bank in the year
2000 as his personal savings for the purpose of expansion
and developement of his company in Africa before his
untimely death in 2001.
And from my Investigation,I found out that No other person
knows about this account because he(Engr Donald Pepper)
never knew that he is going to die so soon, and so
his purpose was not achieved. If I don't remit this money
immediately, it will get lost(may be it will go into the
pockets of the corrupt government officials who will never
use it for any reasonable thing at all).
I dont want to miss this opportunity because it comes ones
in a life time.

I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money
cannot be approved to a local person here, without a valid
foreign international passport, but can only be approved
to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers
license and foreign a/c, this is because the money is in
US Dollars and the former owner of the a/c, Engr Donald Pepper
is a foreigner too, and as such the money can only be
approved into a foreign a/c.

However, I am revealing this to you with belief in God
that you will never let me down in this business.I don't
know you and have never seen you before,I only got your
contacts from an international directory which my
secretary provided for me. You are the first and the only
person that I am contacting for this business, so please
reply urgently so that I will inform you the next step to
take. Send also your private telephone and fax number.

I need your full co-operation to make this work because
the management is ready to approve this payment to any
foreigner who has correct information of this account,
which I will give to you, upon your positive response and
once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up
with instruction of a keybank official who is deeply
involved with me in this business.
I want to tell you that this transaction is 100% risk free
and legal because all the documents that will back up this
transaction will be available, so that no body will
question the fund when it is finaly tranfered to your
account.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 25%
of the total amount.I look forward to your earliest reply
in this my private email navigator:

Thanks for your time.

Your's faithfully,

Mr. Simon Dama.


No comments:

Post a Comment