Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sam Jerry Benson wrote to me today. His email contained the following warning signs:

1 Diamonds
2 Dead body
3 $22M in a box
4 Christian
5 Investment
6 Keep this confidential (oops!)
7 Sierra Leone
8 Business relationship

When you see these words/phrases you know that it is a con.

Avoid this like the plague!

Dear friend,

I am well confident of your capability to assist me in a
transaction for mutual benefit of both parties, ie (me and
you) I am also believing that you will not expose or betray
the trust and confidence I am about to establish with you. I
have decided to contact you with greatest delight and
personal respect.

Well, I am Sam Jerry Benson, son to Chief Fidelis Benson
late former Director of finance,Chief Fidelis Benson
Sierra-Leone diamond and mining corporation.

Few days before the death my father, he confided in me and
ordered me to go to his underground safe and move out
immediately, with a Deposit Agreement and Cash Receipt he
made with a security Company in Abidjan Cote d‘Ivoire
where he deposited One Iron Box containing USD$ 22 million
dollars cash (TWENTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS). This money was
made from the sell of Gold and Diamond by my father and he
have already decided to use this money for future investment
of the family.

Thereafter, I rushed down to Abidjan with these two
documents and confirmed the deposit of the fund by my
father. Also, I have been granted political stay as a
Refugee by the Government of Cote d‘Ivoire.

Meanwhile, my father have instructed me to look for a
trusted foreigner who can assist me to move out this money
from Cote d‘Ivoire immediately for investment.

Based on this , I solicit for your assistance to transfer
this fund into your Account, but I will demand for the
following requirement:

(1) Could you provide for me a safe Bank Account where this
fund will be transferred to in your country or another
nearby country where taxation will not take great toll on
the money ?

(2) Could you be able to introduce me to a profitable
business venture that would not require much technical
expertise in your country where part of this fund will be
invested ?

Please, all these requirements are urgently needed as it
will enable me to establish a stronger business relationship
with you hence I will like you to be the general overseer of
the investment thereafter.

I am a Christian and I will please, want you to handle this
transaction based on the trust I have established on you.

For your assistance in this transaction, I have decided to
offer you 15% percent commission of the total amount at the
end of this business. The security of this business is very
important to me and as such,I would like you to keep this
business very confidential.If you are willing to assist me
Please kindly reply me immediately.

I shall expect your urgent response thanks.

Regards,
Sam Jerry Benson




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:27 pm

    I have received that message too. But I didn't belive that it's true.
    regards for everybody who had the same.

    ReplyDelete