Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Please we needs (sic) your help!!...good grief.

Another message (title as per above); this time from a lady who claims that her husband, involved in the diamond industry in Sierra Leone (of course), and daughter have been killed...of course they have!

The lady now claims to reside in Austria, of all places, her only source of comfort being two boxes containing $12M.

I must admit, I would feel reasonably comforted if I had a couple of boxes containing $12M.

Needless to say she can't access the boxes..why am I not surprised at this turn of events?

She needs my help, in other words my bank account details.

Well not to put too fine a point on it madam; my response is two words, the second is "OFF!"

Not only are these people guilty of criminal deception, they are also guilty of mangling the English language.

DEAR,



GOOD DAY
Thank you for taking the time to read this mail.
My name is Mrs. MARTHA KOROMMA; from Diamond rich country district of
Bombali in Northern Province of Sierra Leone. I am the widow of the Late
Mr. PAUL KOROMMA, the managing director of Sierra Leone diamond mining
co-operation. I am currently living in a refugee center
in Vienna, AUSTRIA
My family and I have been unfortunate to find ourselves
caught up in a very difficult situation in AUSTRIA. I
know you will be surprise to receive this message, but
it is of utmost importance to me and my family.
Anyway, I am about to entrust my destiny and the destiny of my whole
dependants on your shoulder if you can help us, it will also be of
immense benefit to you too.
This transaction demands utmost trust, honesty,
integrity and most important, secrecy. It is only
through the above that my family and I will be assured
of our security.
This regrettable situation led to the killing of my
husband and only daughter and the displacement of my
family.
During the brutal civil war in my country Sierra Leone,
my late husband of blessed memory was brutally murdered
by the rebels led by Mr. Foday Sankoh, he was murdered
with my only daughter (Nina). But my two sons (Greg &
Daniel) and I managed to escape to AUSTRIA, through the help
of the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
But before my late husband's death, he drew my
attention to two trunk boxes containing about twelve million US
dollars ($12. Million) which he smuggled out at the
start of the war and deposited it to a security company
(The security company does not know the real
contents of the boxes. He registered it in the name of my
son Greg Koromma as family art and monuments) He also
gave me the certificate of deposits and receipts issued
to him by the security company, which I still have in
my possession.
The problem I have is that as a refugee, the
immigration law does not allow us to open or hold
operate bank account in AUSTRIA and I do not want to
seek the assistance of just anybody for fear of being
duped or defraud of our only livelihood, I have sold
almost all my jewelries to keep body and soul together,
hence the AUSTRIA Government is not really taking care
of us.
What is required of you is to give us your full name
and contact address so that I can secure a Power of
Attorney in your favor that would enable you contact
the security company as the new beneficiary to the two trunk boxes. You
can then transfer the funds to your bank account after
the boxes must have been released to you. In order to
make it worth your while, we will give you 20% of
the total Funds. We have also set outside 5% of the principal sum
for any expenses that may incurred during the
transaction process including traveling expenses, we
intend to invest the remaining part of the money on
your advice in any viable business ventures in your
country as a partnership, you may even act as our financial adviser if
you are so disposed.
If you want to help, please you can contact me with the above email address,
i am looking
forward to your immediate response, as I
believe that destiny has brought us together.
Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Martha Koromma
Please visit the following web pages for further
information on the Sierra Leone war.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/sl.html
http://www.hrw.org/reports98/sierra/
http://www.refugees.org/news/crisis/sierraleone/sierraleone_photos.htm

http://www.theirc.org/Sierra%20Leone/


No comments:

Post a Comment