Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

The Deputy Minister of Minerals and Energy for South Africa has written to me, I am honoured!

Her letter is, to say the least, a tad confusing.

She starts off by talking about $16M, this sum then changes to $22M; at least try to keep the story the same!

It goes without saying that her husband is dead, and that the money sits in a box and relates to diamonds.

She craves my assistance with the "modalities", ahh I was beginning to worry that I would never see that word again!

One part of the letter particularly tickles my fancy "Please honesty is the watch word in this transaction However,
you have to assure me and also be ready to go into agreement with me that you will not enlope with my fund.
"

Well don't worry, I won't "enlope" with your fund madam; I won't be going into business with you.

God and Jesus are then invoked "I am calling on the almighty God to be with all of us in jesus Name Amen", what did they do to deserve being brought into this squalid little affair?

I am told to keep this matter secret, as it is of course illegal..yet she quotes God in the same letter!

She finishes by saying that if I am not happy with this then I should discontinue..quite!

Dear Friend and Partner,

RE: REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

After due deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your
assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of US$16.5M ( sixteen
Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) .First, let me start
by introducing myself as MRS SUSAN SHABANGU, a mother of three children and the
Deputy Minister of Minerals and Energy since 1st
April 1996 to date under the auspices of the President of South Africa MR THABO
MBEKI. You can view my profileat my

website:www.gov.za/profiles/shabangu.htm

THE PROPOSAL.

After the swearing in ceremony making me the Deputy Minister of Minerals and
Energy, my husband Mr Ndelebe Shabangu died while he was on an official trip to
Trinidad and Tobago in 1996. After his death, I discovered that he had some
funds in dollar, US$22.5 million united state dollars currently in a coded
security company vault in Europe which I now intend to use to establish a
profitable business for my children . to enable I and my children start life
again.As a result, I am urgently in need of a very foreign reliable investor
participant who is not known as my associate,that I could entrust with the pin
and certificate of deposit to help me remove
the box(fund) including Gold and Diamond Platinium since no one name were used
in securing the vault. I can not successfully claim it myself as the government
sarchlight is still on me.

Though, I do not know you in person but I still maintain my late husband theory
that business is people and contacts. hence I crave your assitance,you will also
Back and assist me in investing this money with my lawyer approval on project
Finally,more details
on the logistic and modalities of the trasaction will be given to you as soon as
I receive your acceptance letter.

Do not forget the confidenciality sorounding this transaction. while awaiting
for your letter I am calling on the almighty God to be with all of us in jesus
Name Amen.This fund emanated as a result of an over-invoiced contract which he
executed with the Government of South Africa. Though I assisted him in getting
this contract but I never knew that it was over-invoiced by him. Iam afraid that
the government of South Africa might start to investigate on contracts awarded
from 1990 to date. If they discover that he has this kind
of money, they will confiscate it and seize his assets here in South Africa and
this will definetely affect my political career in government.The money is
contained in a strong steel security box in cash and it is presenting deposited
with a security firm in Europe(Netherland) where it is registered as family
treasures and valuables for security reasons.In side
the box are all documentation for funds.For your assistance, I am offering you
20% of this fund,Please honesty is the watch word in this transaction However,
you have to assure me and also be ready to go into agreement with me that you
will not enlope with my
fund.

If you agree in assisting me, kindly as a matter of urgency send me an email.
Due to my sensitive position in the South African Government,that my phone has
been tap, I would not want you to call me on phone or send a fax to me. All
correspondence must be by email to my private email
address:(susanshabangu02@netscape.net).If you want to speak with my Attorney,
that is fine and okay by me. His chambers will be representing my interest. All
correspondence by phone must be made either to my Attornery,or send me an email.
I will also like you to give me your contact address of telephone, fax and
e-mail, to enable my Attorney call or reach you from time to time.Please ,I do
not need to remind you of the need for absolute Confidentiality if this
transaction must succeed. YOU MUST NOT CALL ME! If
you do not feel comfortable with this transaction, do not hesitate to
discontinue.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation and my regards to you and your family.

Yours faithfully,

MRS. SUSAN SHABANGU
Deputy Minister of Minerals and Energy
South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment