Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Now here's a splendid letter that offers all the ingredients of a paperback spy novel:

-Military intelligence
-Blood diamonds
-A civil war
-Dead bodies all over the place

All they want are my bank details, swift number etc etc; definitely a safe business opportunity!

Attention,

My name is Mr ibrahim Mohamed The only Son of Late General Alphonse Mohamed the
former Director of military intelligence and special acting General
Manager of the Sieria Leone Diamond mining coperation( SLDMC ). I am contacting
you to seek your good assistance to transfer and invest USD 18 million
belonging to my late father which is deposited in a bank in Abidjan. This money
is revenues from solid minirals and diamonds sale which were under my fathers
possession before the civil war broke out. Following the brake out of the war,
almost all government offices, co-operations and parastatals were attacked and
vandalized. The SLDMC was loothed and burnt down to ashes, and diamonds worth
millions of dollars was stolen by the rebel military forces who attacked my
fathers office. Many top government officials and senior army
officers were assasinated and my father was a key target because of his very
sensitive military possition and appointment in the SLDMC. Regreatably,
my father was captured and murdered along with half brother in cool blood during
a mid-night rebel shoot-out when our official residence in freetown was
armbushed by Fordey Sanko the notorious rebel leader. My mother sustainded very
sever bullet injuries which resulted to her untimelyand painful death in a
private hospital here in Ivory Coast. Now I am alone in a
totally strange country without parents, relatives or any body to care for me at
my tender age. Before my mother died, she told me that my father
deposited some money which he made from diamond sales and contracts at this bank
here in Ivory Coast that I should pray and find a trustworthy foreign business
partner who would help me to transfer and invest this money in profitable
business venture overseas. She told me to do this quickly so that I can leave
Ivory Coast with my cousin sister linda who is here in the camp with me and,
then settle down
abroad. She gave me all the bank documents to prove the deposit and then told me
that my father used my name as the only Son to deposit the money in the
bank.She told me that this is the reason why we came to Ivory Coast. My mother
died afterwards. May her spirit rest in perfect peace.I have gone to the bank to
make inquires about this money and I spoke with the director of International
remittance who assured me that the everything is ok and promised to help me
transfer this money to my foreign partners bank account as soon as I provide my
partners foreign bank account for them. However, the director is very concerned
because of my age, I am 19 years and as such promised to help me and he would
like to speak with my partner to ensure that this money is invested wisely in
only profitable business because of his personal interest and sympathy for me.
If you are will to assist me, please let me know immediately and provide me with
your following information for bank here:
1. Your full names and address, tel/ fax/ mobile
2. Name of Bank and addres, Tel/fax/telex
3. Account name and numberand
4. swift code etc.
Please note that I can only offer you 15% of the total money as compensation for
your noble assistance in accodiance with my mothers advise. I am interested
in any profitable commercial venture which you consider very good in your
country and you would get a school for me and my little sister so that I can
finish my colledge education. I am hoping to hear your urgent response so that I
can stop look for another foreign partner. Thank you and may God blss you and
your dear family.
Mr, Ibrahim Mohamed



No comments:

Post a Comment