Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

David Jones (didn't he used to be in The Monkees?) wrote to me today, with an entirely ludicrous proposition.

"Mr Jones" claims to represent Ken Lay, the disgraced ex CEO of Enron. In a delightful turn of phrase, "Mr Jones" notes that Mr Lay is "presently dead". I assume that this means we may expect him to rise from the dead at some stage in the future?

Anyhoo, "Mr Jones" wants me to help him commit fraud and lay claim to $9M (which of course doesn't exist).

He assures me that this fraud will be perfectly legitimate!

What a load of bollocks!

Dear Friend,

Good day to you. I am Mr. David Jones, a representative and attorney to
Kenneth Lay, the former chairman & CEO, Enron Corp.Industry: Energy &
Natural Resources Home, he was jailed and facing trial on charges of
corruption and embezzlement of funds but, presently dead .He deposited the
sum of Nine Million United States Dollars ($9.,000,000.00) with a certain
bank in asia under my care. I am contacting you because I want you to deal
with the bank and claim the money on my behalf since I have declared that
the Funds belong to my foreign business partner. I hope to trust you as a
God fearing person. I have agreed our sharing to be in the ratio of 60%
for me and 40% to you.

When I receive your positive response I will give you viable information
relating to this project i.e. the Bank where the money was deposited and
what is required to enable you lay claims to the funds, I intend to invest
on estates in your country which will be under your supervision and
advise. Please provide required informations below.

I guarantee you that this transaction will be executed under a legitimate
arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Get in touch
with me urgently by E-mail: (djones203@yahoo.co.uk) and provide me the

following:

1. Your Full Name and Address
2. Your Telephone and Fax Number
Best Regards,
Mr. David Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment