Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Friday, March 26, 2004

I received this one from the "auditor general" of a bank (if he is an auditor it must be legit, right?) four times today.

He claims to have come across a bank account containing $12M; the owner, who used to run a diamond company, is dead.

The "auditor general" wants to get his hands on the money, ie he wants to steal it, and needs my help to do it.

Let us be clear about this, those people that fall for this are knowingly taking part in a theft.

I repeat what I have said before, I have no sympathy for those that are so stupid and dishonest that they fall for this type of scam.

The writer of this email claims that I am the only person he has contacted.

If that is the case why has he sent me the same mail four times?

From The Desk of Mr. John Okoh,
Auditor, Eco Bank Plc.
Email:

Re: Transfer of ($ 12,000.000.00 usd}Twelve million dollars.)

Dear Beloved,

I have decided to contact you is respect of a business transaction. We want to
transfer to overseas account ($12,000.000.00 usd) twelve million united states
dollars)from a prime bank in Africa.

My name is Mr. John Okoh, the auditor general of Eco Bank Plc. during the
course of our auditing, i discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the
bank in 1998 and nobody has operated on this account again.

After a thorough research, i discovered that the owner of the account Mr. Allan
p. Seaman, a foreigner, and an industrialist died in motor accident since 1998.

Nobody knows about this account or any thing concerning it except you and me.
the account of Mr. Allan p. Seaman had no beneficiary and my investigation also
proved to me that he was until his death, the manager of diamond safari Nig.
[LTD.]. I will like to start the first transfer with five million [$5,000.000]
which when transferred successfully, we shall re-apply for the payment of the
remaining rest amount to your account. the total amount involved is (usd 12 m)
twelve million united states dollars.

I am contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a
local person here, without valid international foreign passport, but can be
approved to a foreigner. this money is in us dollars and the former owner of the
a/c Mr. Allan p. Seaman is a foreigner too, and the money can only be approved
into a foreign a/c.
i am revealing this to you with the belief that you will never let me down in
this business since you are the first and only person that i am contacting for
this business.

Send to me your private telephone and fax number, including the full details of
the account to be used for the deposit should you be interested in this
proposal.
Note that the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who
has correct information of this account, which i will give to you. upon your
positive response, i will use my position and influence to obtain all legal
approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate
clearance from the relevant ministries and foreign exchange departments.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 25% of the total amount,
70% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have
incurred during the process of transferring.

Please reply to my private email address if your are interested in working with
me: ()

I look forward to your earliest reply .
yours truly,
Mr. John Okoh.


No comments:

Post a Comment