Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Friday, May 28, 2004

An aide of Charles Taylor (former President of Liberia) has contacted me.

He offers me the chance to "earn" 20% of $10M. This money allegedly belongs to Taylor and, needless to say, is stored in a crate!

The aide wants me to invest the money in anything I wish, how trusting! They will then pay me my 20%.

Look guys do you really think that I am that stupid?

One more thing, if you claim to be based in Africa; then use an African email address, not one from Europe!

Attn:Sir/Maddam


Reply to:

I am Abu Sadiq an aide in Ghana to former President Charles Taylor of Liberia.He
has since resign from active politics to settled down in Nigeria,but he will
want to have a trusted foreign business partner that he can invest substential
amount of money in his or her country.He has given me the mandate to scout for
that reliable partner,like you.

I am contacting you due to the present situation in Liberia (Civil War), and
also the aspect of investment in your country.My boss,President Charles Taylor
who has mandated me to urgently look for a foreign partner with good business
experience to help us immediately move and receive an exact amount of US$10.5
million dollars out of Ghana into any account of yours, the account required
for this project can either be personal, company or an offshore account that you
have total control over.Your area of
specialization will not be a hindrance to the successful execution of this
transaction.

This fund was brought into Ghana for investment purpose through diplomatic means
and has since been deposited in a private security and finance company and was
tagged an official consignment belonging to a foreign affiliate and placed in a
crate and tagged antique, thereby making the consignment safe and the actual
content undisclosed to the security company.

All I want you to do is to receive the said amount in your name and invest it on
behalf of my boss family who shall be a partner ( under anonymity in whatever
business venture you intend investing the money on. All documentation regarding
this transaction are all in my possession and a power of attorney to transact
this business has been fully given to me by my boss.

In the light of the above,I am soliciting your assistance and partnership to
move this fund out of Ghana as you and I stand to benefit immensely from this
transaction.After due consultation and approval from my boss, we have both
agreed that 20 % of the fund will be given to you for your assistance,while the
remaining 80% will be for investment purpose in any country of your choice.
Please contact me if you are able to carry out this transaction.Please your
reply should include your confidential phone number.Yours

Faithfully,

Abu Sadiq.

No comments:

Post a Comment