Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

This amusing little missive arrived in my email box today.

The writer claims to be in the Nigerian military; and claims that he has a couple of boxes with a "huge sum of money" in them, around $34M.

He explains that the reputation of Nigeria has been "dented" by the infection of fraudsters etc; he needless to say assures me that he is not one.

The business will be of immense interest to me and him. He says that his boss has sent him a "massage", asking for him to arrange for a quick investment of the money.

Sorry old son, try some other "mug".

FROM:IBRAHIM IDRIS
Email: ,

I know you will be surprised to read from me, a stranger and in this regard
but please understand that I desperately solicit for your experience on
your profession as the key Account Manager, Banking & Financial Services
Topcall UK Limited, to bring to success this important business that is
definitely going to be of immense interest to you and me.

I got your contact through the business section of your Embassy in Lagos
Nigeria (Topcall UK Limited) I am also aware that the World business trust
of these days has been dented much by the activities of some unscrupulous
elements that undertake on several fraudulent activities of which my country
is highly infected. This circumstance has dampened my courage to do this
mail to you for fear that my request might be branded as such.

May I give you for now, only a vivid explanation of what these is all about
with the hope that you will be willing to go ahead with me in this proposal
and thereby be furnished with all details subsequently. I am myself still
a Soldier in the Nigerian Military. I worked directly under the CSO (Major.Aliu
Mustafar) to our Former Dead Head of State (Gen. Sani Abacha). My direct
Boss, the Chief Security Officer (CSO), has been under detention since this
present Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

I have kept in my hometown, for my direct boss, since our days together
in the Government house and immediately after the death of the Head of State
a consignment in two trunk boxes containing a very huge sum of money, cash
in American Dollars.

Last week my boss sent a massage to me, giving me the contact of his old
friend, now a diplomat. He wants me to arrange quickly for someone in the
UK to receive and invest this money for us. I am expected to give this
consignment to the diplomat in Lagos and he will deliver same consignment to our person
in the UK.

Should you be willing, you will be offered a percentage (As may be agreed
between us) of the entire sum as your partake and you will invest and manage
ours for us. To guide your decision, the entire sum is US $34M.

I hope you will except to undertake in this transaction with me, I look
forward to your reply mail as soon as possible since this has to be undertaking
also, as soon as we can reach an agreement, with regard to the diplomats
schedule.



Thanks

Ibrahim Idris

No comments:

Post a Comment