Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Some scams are more plausible than others.

It is fair to say that this one is not at all plausible.

The scammer, an improbably named Mr Comfort Allen, writes to me from the Ministry of Finance of an unnamed country.

He talks about my claim for a fund, I have never made any claim.

He then asks me to reconfirm my email and fax details, which of course were never sent to him in the first place.

He then asks me to send a "promissory" note, assuring him that I will give him some money.

All in all, highly unconvincing!

ATTEN:

I am a director with the Federal Ministry of Finance and was instructed
by the Hon Minister of Finance to find out before the end of this month,
WHY your contract/ claim of your fund have not been credited to your account,
after instructions has been passed to all various Government quarters that
all over due contract/ claim payments should be released as a lot of petitions
by beneficiary's has been received by the Minister.

what this office want you to reconfirm, with your telephone and fax numbers,
any other information, WHY you have not received your payment up-till date?.
However I will give
my assistance to make sure your file is in order for payment as two people
came for the claim of the fund and submitted account saying that you are
not well.

but you must give me a promissory note stating your willingness to give
me a reasonable amount of money from your contract payment immediately you
get the payment.

Regards,

Mrs. Comfort Allen
(Deputy Director Federal Ministry of Finance)
Note: Forward your replies to this alternative email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment