Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Now the scammers have moved on to Iraq.

I received this pile of nonsense today. It starts out by saying that it is genuine and not a hoax, at this point you know full well that it is a scam.

The writer claims to be in the US forces in Iraq. He claims that he has $18M, that was not stolen, he then proceeds to explain that he found it buried in the sand; ie, if it exists which it doesn't, then it was stolen.

The letter then follows the usual scam format; he needs help to transfer the money, keep this confidential etc etc.

Please don't be stupid enough to fall for this, it is a con.

Dear Sir,

NOT FOR THIRD PARTY (CONFIDENTIAL)
AND I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS
NOT A HOAX MAIL, IT IS REAL.

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed
up courage to contact you.I am an army Sgt. from Fort Hood Tx.now
serving with the third infantry contingent mission stationedin Iraq;I
actually found your contact particulars in a business journal.

I am seeking your experience and assistance to evacuate the
sum of $18.5Million United Sates Dollars to USA or any othersafe country.
This is no stolen funds, and there are no risks involved.

SOURCE OF FUNDS:
During the third month of the raid here in Iraq, Myself and
a few other soldiers while conducting a routine search in a
location near one of Saddam.s old palaces, uncovered large
sums of money buried in barrels with piles of weapons and
ammunitions which we believed must have been part of
Saddam's hidden treasure. We agreed not to turn over the cash or
declare it to our authorities that brought us here, so we shared it
amongst ourselves, since there was noting we could do having considered
that there is no amount or kind of compensation that can make up, be
quantified,or justify the risks we have taken with our lives in this
hell hole.

I was given the sum of $18.5Million Dollars as my own
share, and had nowhere to conceal such bulk monies here,
so I had to employ the services of a contact
to me by a German colleague. The said contact facilitated
the movement of the funds to a safer location entirely
outside Iraq, it was deposited in a security vault of a
in dubai(UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) for safety purpose.

What he knows is that the funds belong to an Asian American
who died in the war, and trusted me to turn in the money
to his family. One passionate appeal I will make to you
is not to discuss this matter with any third party, should
you have reasons to reject this offer, please destroy this
mail, as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us. I do
not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived two
suicide bomb attacks by the grace of God.

It may be difficult for us to communicate frequently for
security reasons, so as soon as I am sure you are willing
to help, I will link you up with the contact and close
confidant who will work with you to get the money into
your care. On your immediate correspondence with the
contact which I will introduce to you, he will need to
release to you the document and secret code in which the
funds was safeguarded with so you can proceed for claim
and collection, but only when he has ascertained your
seriousness and totality to commit your time in seeing
to the success of this. We will also discuss your
percentage when it is convenient to do so but the
first thing is for you to get hold of the funds first.

In the meantime, please contact me through
my private email address: ()

Respectfully,
Billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment