Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

This lady has a heart full of hope and trust, enough to make you weep isn't it?

She, like so many of these con artists, has a dead mother and father; together with a large sum of money ($7M in this case).

She is looking for a trustworthy person to transfer the money to, and to help her get a visa.

Now even the most lame brained of folks ought to ask at this stage; if the person is genuine, why on earth would she write to a complete stranger asking for help in this matter?

Sadly there are lame brained folks who don't ask this, and fall for the con.

From:Miss Regina Kone,
Abidjan-Cote d'Ivoire,
Email:

Dear ,

It is with a heart full of hope and trust in GOD that I write you this
letter to seek your help in the context below. My name is Miss Regina Kone,
22 years old from Sierra Leone in West Africa. My father and I escaped from
our country to Abidjan-Cote d?Ivoire at the heat of the civil war after
loosing my mother and two of my senior brothers in the war. And as a result
of the political instability in my country Sierra Leone even after the war,
my father decided to re-established his Cocoa and coffee export business
in Abidjan-Cote d?Ivoire where I am presently staying.

My father was in Bouake, a northern city of Cote d?Ivoire to negotiate for
the purchase of a Cocoa plantation and was shot by unknown men. The death
of my father has now made me an orphan and thereby exposed me to danger
since I noticed that the killing of my father was mastermind by our enamies
who are envy of my father's wealth.

Before the unfortunate death of my father in a private hospital here in
Abidjan, he secretly disclosed to me of the total sum of $7.5 Million United
States Dollars he deposited with one of the banks here in Abidjan and then
advised me to look for a reliable and trustworthy person whom I can transfer
the money into his or her account for my dear future life in case he died,
since there is insecurity of lives and property in this country.

Dear, due to the above reasons, I am honourably seeking your assistance
to stand as the beneficiary of the money as well as guardian , and to
provide a bank account for the transfer after which it will be invested
in any lucrative business you will advise for the benefit of you and me.

Moreso, I will want you to assist me with a letter of invitation that will
make me get a visa to your country for my re-settlement, continue my education
and to invest the money as I mentioned above.

Finally, I have made up my mind to offer you 20% of the total Sum as
compensation
after the transfer, and if this is acceptable to you, send me a mail immediately
through this my email account so that I can inform you what to do for easy
and immediate transfer of the money into your account.

Expecting to hear from you.
Best regards,
Miss Regina Kone.

No comments:

Post a Comment