Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fantastic news, I have just won £250K in the National Lottery!

Even better, I received this email six times in one day; that means, in total, I have won £1.5M.

The news just keeps getting better and better, the emails say that the lottery is based in Croydon; I live in Croydon, so I can just walk round the corner and pick my winnings up.

What splendid start to my weekend!

Oh, one small point, it is of course a scam.

The National Lottery does not send emails like this, I have never entered myself in any lottery, the National Lottery is not based in Croydon and why is their claim agent's email Hong Kong based?

Apart from that, it's entirely plausible.

The National Lottery
28 Tan Field Road,
Croydon,
London.
Ref: UK/9420X2/68
We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement of the UK National Lottery Online thunderball Programme with drawnumbers(#701)01,07, 14, 23 ,29,ThunderBall 04, held on the , 7, November,2007.

We wish to congratulate you over your email success in our computerBALLOTING SWEEPSTAKE.You have won the sum of £250,000.00.Please contact your claim agent to claim your winnings via details below.
Name:
Rev. Larry White
Email:mailto.revbox123@yahoo.com.hk
Phone: +447024086471 or +447024083652,
please you are free to call for confirmation.
Yours faithfully,
Deborah Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment