Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

This letter, from Nigeria, bids me good tidings then invokes God's blessing rather too freely.

God, I suspect, is less than pleased to be associated with a con trick like this.

In short, the writer claims to be a high ranking civil servant; who has overinvoiced contracts to the tune of $29M.

In other words, he claims to have stolen $29M; he hasn't really, as the money does not exist.

He then claims that he is very poor, er slight contradiction here surely?

Our boy then asks for my help in transferring, helping him to steal, the money. He assures me that he is a man of great honesty.

Now if that were really the case, how is it he is claiming to have stolen $29M?

These stories do not stand up to even the most rudimentary analysis, I fail to understand how people can be so stupid as to fall for these.

Finally, our boy begs me not to reveal his name; tough luck chum, I will let the world know what a thieving scum bag you are.

Hello,
This mail may come to you as a suprise but it is intended to reach you and
bring good tidings to your business and family.Before going futher to introduce
my purpose of contacting you,it is only appropriate to introduce myself.
I am a Director-General in the Federal Ministry of Mineral and Energy in
the Federal
Republic of Nigeria.I am 56years of age married with three children and
will be going
on retirement soon after 30years of service.

This business involves US$29.5M.which i want to introduce to you
and it emanated from over-invioced contract executed on behalf of my ministry
by
foreign contractors.The original contract awarded by me was US$115,000,000,00
which
i over-invoiced to the tune of US$29.5M for my future retirement and
the actual contract value has since been paid to the foreign contractors
leaving
me with the extra US$29.5M.for my retirement plan.

I have decided to contact you because i need a reliable person who can help
me invest this accrued sum of US$29.5M into a profitable foreign venture
because as a civil servant and also because of the position i occupy,I am
not allowed to own foreign accounts or investments.Although,I am highly
placed
but poorly paid hence i need this investments for the future of my family
after
years of meritourous service to my ministry hence i want someone who can
confidentially
invest on my behalf into a profitable business such as real estate for a
brighter future.

To do this,I will register you as a foreign contractor in my ministry in
category A of foreign contractors and make an application for payment in
your favour
which i will approve for payment into the beneficiary account for the sum
of
US$29.5M Once the money is transfered,you will be legally entitled to 20%
of the
US$29.5M for all of your assistance,10%will be set aside for expenses
such as taxes while 70% will go for my investments.

Meanwhile,please send me your confidential telephone and fax so that we
can speak and communicate to know ourselves better considering the amount
of money
involved while you can contact me through my confidential e-mail address.

Finally,I strive for the commitment to operate only on high standards of
intergrity and honesty and i need thesame comittment to this transaction
from you and if however you are not intrested,I plead with you in the name
of God
to kindly destroy this mail due to my position and personality in service.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.
Remain Blessed,

Dr Philip Adekunle.

No comments:

Post a Comment