Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, September 27, 2004

This note, from someone calling themselves Chief Oboh, dropped into my mailbox this morning.

Chiefy wants me to help him with his apartment in the USA, which he leases to another party for a paltry $125K. It seems that the other party does not pay the rent in installmentally, whatever that means!

Now chiefy wants me to help him out, by letting him pass money through my bank account.

A warning here, if money really did pass through (and I don't for one minute believe that it would); then there is a risk that the transaction is being used for money laundering purposes.

However, chiefy is offering me 5%; this means that I would only make around $6K. That is the lowest amount of money I have ever been offered in one of these scams; I though that I had made it clear that I don't get out of bed for less than $1M these days.

Dear Friend,
Compliments to you ,i know this will come as a surprise.
I am chief Dr Godwin Oboh ,chairman on committee on protection of government
property edo state .
I have a property which i lease to one of my business partner for 15years ,
which is in america at the cost of $125,thousand dollars and both of us have
agreed that he should be paying installmentally.
Because of my present position as a chief and as a government official in my
state,
i am not allowed to own a foriegn account ,all i want from you is to act as my
foriegn agent so that i will instruct him to pay the money through you or via
your account .
this transaction demands trust ,you shall be entitled to 5% of any money payed
through you.i will feed you with all necessary information as soon as you
indicate your assisted humanitarian gesture .
Thanks for your co-operation .
Best Regards ,
Chief ,Dr,Godwin Oboh.

No comments:

Post a Comment