Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

A bleeding heart letter from a bleeding nuisance. However, she does not want to cause me any pain; don't worry madam, you haven't.

The writer of this letter is trying to pull at my heart strings, by claiming that she is dying from cancer. Rather oddly her disease has "defiled" medicine, an interesting abuse of the English language.

The writer claims to be very rich, and wishes to give all her money away to charity.

She does not trust her relatives, and so has sought me out to distribute it for her.

Now here is the interesting thing, she offers no reward or payment for this; the writer is cunningly trying to tempt greedy dishonest morons in cyberspace, who think that they can run off with the money without giving it to charity.

Of course in reality there is no money, but the trap has been set.

I wonder how many greedy, dishonest idiots have fallen for this one?

Dear Friend,

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the
fact that we have not yet met. I have to say that I have no intentions of causing you any pains so i decided to contact you through this medium
.As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.

My name is Anne Kasongo ,I have been diagnosed with Cancer that was discovered very late due to my laxity in caring for my health. It has
defiled all form of medicine and right now, I have only about a few monthsto live according to medical experts.
I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business,i did not even bother having children.
Though I am very rich, But money cannot buy life, I only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for.

But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe
when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that I
know my time is near,I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close
friends and Schools in South Africa. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on
earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations.
Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself any more. I once asked members of my family to close one of myaccounts and donate the money,
which I have there to charity, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence,
I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be
contented with what I have
left for them. The last of my money is deposited with
a Security Firm in Holland.
I will want you to help me collect this deposit and
dispatch it to charity organizations
and let them know that it is I ANNE KASONGO that
is making this generous donation.

I am writing this from my sick bed where I await my
time to come. I pray that God uses
you to support and assist me with a good heart.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in
this matter until the task is accomplished as I dont want anything that
will Jeopadize my last wish and i don't want my family members to know about this.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely

Anne Kasongo

2 comments: