Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

This character claims to be Hope Savimbi, related to some dead person in Africa.
 
He says that the letter may seem "strange but true", echoes of The Twilight Zone here I think!
 
He claims that he had to pray first, before writing to me, problem is that the idiot wrote to me a few months ago; his prayers don't seem to work.
 
Anyway, it is the usual tale of large sums of money (ranging from $18M-$1BN) sitting around in boxes.
 
He wants me to help move a safety deposit box and pick up a percentage.
 
Total and absolute tosh!
 
Dear Friend,This letter may come to you as a surprise due to thefact that we have not yet met. The message could bestrange but real if you pay some attention to it. Icould have notified you about it earlier on at leastfor the sake of your integrity but I decided to prayabout it first. Please accept my sincere apologies.In bringing this message of goodwill to you, I have tosay that I have no intentions of causing you anypains.I am Mr. Hope Savimbi, first cousin of the late rebelleader Jonas Savimbi of Angola who was killed on the22nd of Febuary 2002 . I managed to get your contactdetails through the internet myself by researchbecause time is of the importance and I wasdesperately looking for a person to assist me in thisconfidential issue.My late Uncle, Jonas Savimbi was able to deposit alarge sum of money in different banks in Europe beforehis death, and the movement of his family members(including me) is restricted. We are forbidden toeither travel abroad or out of our localities.Presently our movement are monitored.Right now there is a rush for all my Uncles's wealthboth  home and Abroad by the Government and by my Unclesextended family and relations who are claiming thatmost of the wealth was got by Arms smuggling andilleagal precious stones mining and therefore illegal.His wealth has been estimated to be $500 million toover $1 billion and being close to my Uncle I happento be in possesion of documents and information ofsome of the wealth. Approx. $250 million and only mytrusted mother knows that I have this information.Presently, the sum of US$18,000,000.00 (EighteenMillion Dollars) cash my father transfered to Europebefore his death which is presently deposited withsome security firms in Europe.What my family requires from you is to assist us toretrieve this funds and have it safeguarded pendingthe time my family will be given residential statushere in the Netherlands where we are presently seekingpolitical assylum .You know my uncle was a rebelleader in Angola before his death My reason for doingthis is because it will be difficult for the Angolangovernment to trace my uncle's money to anindividual's account, especially when such anindividual has no relationship with us .I am currently and temporarily living in Holland withmy family where we are seeking refugee status.I willsend you all the necessary information concerning thistransaction as soon as you forward to me yourconfidential telephone and fax numbers for easycorrespondence.I plan to use this money to safeguard my familiesfuture. It is very essential that you understand thatthe kind of trust and confidence I want to put in youis extraordinary, and an act of desperation on mypart, in order not to lose this money. Also, ensurethat this contact with you should be treated withutmost secrecy.Your role in this project, is clearing the safetydeposit box containing the money which is deposited inmy name from the Security and finance company, afterwhich, the money will lodged into an accountpreferably a new account you should open for thistransaction.  My share of the money will be returnedto me when my asylum application in this country isgranted, and I have permission to do business and openan account here.For your reliable assistance, I will reward you withFifteen Percent  of the money.I have with me, the Certificate of Deposit for theconsignment containing the funds, which will be usedfor claim from the security company, and the releasecodes of the vaults. Also, everything will be legallyprocessed for transfer of ownership to you, and thistransaction should be completed immediately dependingon your prompt response.I thank you in advance as I anticipate your assistancein enabling me achieve this goal.Please contact me whether or not you are interested inassisting me. This will enable me scout for anotherpartner in the event of non-interest on your part.To know more about the struggle by UNITA to liberateAngola, click on the link below and read.http://www.the-idler.com/IDLER-02/3-16.htmlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1839000/1839252.stmTHANKS,GOD BLESS.HOPE SAVIMBI

No comments:

Post a Comment