Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Here is another scam, "doing the rounds", which I was sent by one of my visitors today.

It follows the tried and trusted format, the scammer claims to have been given the recipient's name by a trusted third party (how likely is that?).

The scammer claims that he has access to $12M left by a dead person in a bank account.

They want you (the recipient) to pretend to be the next of kin, in order to steal the money.

So, to be absolutely clear, they are asking you to commit fraud.

Are you happy to do that, are you happy to commit fraud and steal?

If so, then I have no sympathy for you when then steal your money.

Remember that if they are happy to commit a crime, ie fraud and theft, why should they then honour their deal and pay you the commission?

Also remember, the $12M doesn't actually exist.

This is a good time to repeat my advice as to what to do with these letters:

1 Do not reply to them.

2 Send them on to the criminal investigation bureau of your country, eg FBI, NCIS. This site has links to many of these organisations in the side bar.

FROM: MR. MARCEL WEST.
UNION TOGOLAISE DE BANQUE (UNION BANK OF TOGO.) 13 RUE
DE BLVD, B.P.850, LOME, TOGO.

GREETINGS,


MY NAME IS MARCEL WEST, the director in charge of
auditing and accounting section of UNION BANK OF TOGO
in West Africa.

With due respect and regard, I have decided to contact
you on a business
transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us
at the end of the transaction .

During our auditing in the bank, my department came
across a very huge sum of money belonging to a
deceased customer who died on november 1997 plane
crash in South Korea and since then his fund has been
dormant in his account with this Bank without any
claim of the fund in our custody either from his
family or relation
before our discovery to this development. Although
personally, I keep this information secret within
myself and partners to enable the whole plans and idea
be Profitable and successful during the time of
execution. The said amount is Twelve Million Five
Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only---$12.5m.

As it may interest you to know, I got your impressive
information through my good friend who works with
chamber of commerce on foreign business relations here

in Lome- Togo. It was him who recommended your person
to me to be viable and capable to champion a business
of such magnitude without any problem, although I
didn't give him details of this enterprise.

Meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put claim over
this fund as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased,
get the required approval and transfer this money to a

foreign account has been put in place and directives
and needed information will be relayed to you as soon
as you indicate your interest and willingness to
assist me and also benefit your self to this great
business opportunity. In fact I could have done this
deal alone but because of my position in the country,
as a civil servant, we are not allowed by law of the
land to operate foreign account while still serving .
This is the actual reason why it will requires a
second party who will forward claims as the next of
kin to the Bank and also present a foreign account
where he will need the money be transferred into. I
will not fail to inform you that this transaction is
100% risk free, while I advise that you will maintain
absolute privacy through out the period of the
operation.

On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be
entitled to 30% of the total sum as gratification, 10%
will be set aside to take care of expenses that may
arise during the time of transfer while 60% will be
for me and my partners. Please, you have been adviced
to keep top secret as we are still in service and
intend to retire from service after we conclude this
deal with you.

I will be monitoring the whole situation here in the
bank until you confirm the money in your account and
ask us to come down to your country for subsequent
sharing of the fund according to percentages out lined
above and further investment, either in your country
or any country you may advice us to invest in. All
other necessary informations will be send to you when
I hear from you.

I will appreciate you get back to me as soon as
possible stating your wish in this deal.

Yours faithfully,

MR.Marcel. B. West.

No comments:

Post a Comment