Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The fact that this scam email starts off by talking about a "concealed business suggestion" should alert even the most naive recipient to the fact that this is a scam.

The scammer, for good measure, then offers me a deal involving unclaimed funds allegedly belonging to a dead Iraqi general.

A scam if ever there was one!

Mr. Patrick Chan.
Email: (patriwcchan1954@yahoo.com.hk)

Good Day

I am Mr. Patrick Chan, Executive Director and C.F.O of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have a concealed business suggestion for you. Gen. Samir Abi Rahman who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of USD$24.5 Million only in my branch.

Several maturities notices was sent to him, before the war which began in 2003. also after the war another notification was sent and no response came from him. We later found out that the General along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

After more inquiry it was also discovered that this General did not declare any next of kin in his official papers.And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration of 6years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

I want you to know that I have everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Should you be interested send me the following;Full names, private phone number, current residential address and I prefer you reach me on my private email address below after which I shall provide you with more details on this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Patrick Chan.
Email: (patriwcchan1954@yahoo.com.hk)

No comments:

Post a Comment