Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This scammer claims to be a banker, he claims to have discovered $33M in a bank account belonging to a dead person.

The "banker" wants me to commit fraud, and help him steal this money.

Three issues immediately spring to mind:

1 I am not a criminal

2 I am not stupid

3 There is no money

If you fall for this scam you deserve everything you get.

From: Maher Labib Abou Steit
General Manager, UBE.
United Bank of
Egypt.
106, Kasr El-Aini st,
Po box 85 Magles El-Shaab
Cairo center,
building,
Cairo, Egypt
Telex: 20060/20061 ube un
Email:
maher1965@rediffmail.com
Date:14th August, 2006

Dearest

Compliments
of the season

I am the manager
United Bank of Egypt (UBE). in my bank
I discovered an abandoned sum of
$33.3musd (thirty three million three
hundred thousand U.S.dollars
only) in an account that belongs to one
of our foreign customer, by
name, Mr. Bob Robert Chapman, African area
director for Wycliffe bible
translators international, who died along
with his wife,Ruth Chapman,
in January 2000 in a Kenyan plane crash in
the coast of Abidjan, Ivory
coast.

Since we got information about his
death, we have been
expecting his next of kin to come over and claim
his money because we can not release it unless somebody applies for it
as next of kin or
relation to the deceasedn asindicated in our banking
guidelines.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I decided to make
business with you
and release the money to you as the next of kin or
relation of the
deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement. It is
agreed that a
certain percentage of this money will be for you as my
foreign partner.

Upon receipt of your reply I will send to you the
text of the
application.Thereafter I will visit your country for
disbursement
according to the percentage agreed.

Yours faithfully
Maher Labib Abou
Steit
General Manager, UBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment