Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, August 15, 2005

The improbably named Samuel Macpeople (note the "p" ought to be a "P") wrote to me today.

Seemingly I have the same surname as that of a dead client of his, who surpisingly had $5M in his bank account.

Mr Macpeople wants me to commit fraud and claim the money for myself.

But don't worry, he says that I should have "no fear" and that there will be no hitches.

How stupid does he think I am?

THE MANAGER
FOREIGN REMITTANCE
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK BENIN.
COTONOU BENIN
WEST AFRICA.



Dear SIR/MADAM,

I am Mr.Samuel Macpeople the manager, foreign remittance Africa development bank
Benin.Cotonou Republic du Benin west africa.,I am writing following the fact
that our deceased customer shared the same surname with you and based on this
fact,our search for our deseased customer's next of kin produced you as someone
who could champion this course and help us pull this fund to a reliable foreign
bank account for the benefit of us all.

In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of USD5.5 million
Dollars (Five million, five hundred thousand US Dollars) in account that belongs
to one of our foreign customers who died along with his entire family in
November 1998 in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin
to come over and claim his money because we can not release it unless somebody
applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our
banking guide lines and laws but unfortunately we learnt that his supposed next
of kin or relation died along side with him during the plane crash leaving
nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in my department
now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you
as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent
disbursement since Nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go
into the Bank's treasury as unclaimed.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money
remained unclaimed after four years, the money will be tranfered into the Bank's
treasury as unclaimed fund. The request for a foreigner as next of kin in this
business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and an
indegine can not stand as next of kin to this family.

We agreed that 30 % of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect
to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses
incured during the business and 60 % would be for me and my colleagues.

There after I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement
according to the percentages indicated.

Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as
arranged, you must apply first to the Bank as relation or next of kin of the
deceased , your private, telephone and fax number for easy and effective
communication.The money will be paid in Draft to be cashed in any part of the
world.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or e-mail the text of the
application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is
hitch free and that you should not entertain any form of fear as all required
arrangements have been made for the transfer.
You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter.
Trusting to hear from you immeidately.

Yours faithfully,
Mr.Samuel Macpeople

No comments:

Post a Comment