Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Friday, July 02, 2004

A gentleman claiming to be a Barrister wrote to me today.

He claims to be working for his late employer, seeking to find his employer's relatives in order to settle an estate of $9M.

Now here's a funny thing, he can't find any relatives!

Consequently he would like me to pretend to be next of kin, in order that I may claim the estate. In other words, he wants me to commit fraud.

Read it again, if you don't quite grasp it, a man claiming to be a barrister is asking a complete stranger to commit a fraud.

How likely is that?

This scum bag then goes on to suggest, with a straight face, that the transaction is legal.

It is fraud, it is a criminal offence; it is NOT LEGAL!!!

Finally, as if he hasn't even read what he has written, he notes that he wants an honest person to do business with. Yet he is asking me to pose as next of kin, I would therefore have to commit fraud; ipso facto I would be dishonest.

Dear Friend,

I am Barrister Alex David (Esq) a solicitor. I was the Personal
Attorney to late Henry Williams an oil merchant/contractor with
CHEVRON PETROLEUM COMPANY here in Nigeria. On the 21st of April 1999,
my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a
automobile accident and unfortunately they lost their lives.

Before my Client died, He had a huge fund deposit valued at
US$9,000,000,00 Dollars in a Citi Trust Bank Ltd. here in Nigeria. As
his personal Attorney, I am in possesion of all legal documents which
shows the entire transaction between him and this Bank in relation to
this fund deposit. Consequently, the Bank mandated me to look out for
any of his extended family relatives to stand in as the next of
kin/beneficiary of this fund deposit.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your Embassy to locate any
of my clients extended family relatives, but to no avail. After many
unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives over the
Internet, but this attempt was equally unsuccessful. Unfortunately,
today 23rd day of June, 2004, the Citi Trust Bank Ltd. gave me an
ultimatum of Ten working days to provide the next of Kin or have this
fund confiscated. This is why I have contacted you to render assistance
in repartrating the money and properties left behind by my client, before
they will be confiscated or declared unserviceable by this bank.

Since I have been unsuccesful in locating the relatives for over two
years, and coincidentally you are from the same country, I seek your
consent to present you as the next of kin/beneficiary of late Henry
Williams fund deposit with this Bank for our mutual benefit. For your
assistance, you will be adequately compensated with 40% of the total
sum. 55% will be for me, and 5% will be set aside to offset all
incidential expences that might be incured in the cause of this
transaction. e.g phone call, payment of tax if so required by your
government etc. This transaction is 100% risk free as I have all
necessary legal documents to back up all our claims. I guarantee you
that the entire transaction will be executed under a legitimate
arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law,as all
documents/affidavit that will be required by Citi Trust Bank Ltd.
before the release of the fund will be procurred legally from the
federal high court of justice.

All I require from you is honesty and cooperation. Please realise that
the confidentiality of this arrangement must be maintained from now,
and even after the successful complition of this transaction,to enable
us see this deal through. If you will assist me, Please call me on my
personal phone or contact me via my private office box
for details.

Thanks and God bless.

Best regards,

Barrister Alex David.

N.B. Please indicate your telephone and fax numbers for easy communication
in this mutual transaction to my private office email box
You can contact me on this number:

No comments:

Post a Comment