Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, May 17, 2004

The reputable and honest Barrister Williams, solicitor and notary public, has just written to me.

He advises me that one of his clients, Mr Dennis President of Diamond Safaris, is dead (poor chap!).

There is of course a large sum of money left behind, $28M, and no will.

Barrister Williams has spent a long period of time (no he hasn't), trying to track down the next of kin of Mr Dennis.

To no avail, therefore rather than let the money (which doesn't exist) be taken by the government; he asks me to help him commit fraud by posing as the next of kin.

Rather oddly, for a barrister, he calls this "honest co-operation"?

Sorry chummy I don't do fraud!

Attention:,

Good day, I am George Williams, Solicitor and Notary Public, The
Personal Attorney Mr. Dennis , the president of DIAMOND SAFARIES
CO.LTD.ACCRA-GHANA who is a National of your country.

On the 21st of April 2004, my client, his wife and their only son were
Involved in a car accident along ACCRA/KUMASI Express Road.
Unfortunately, they all lost their lives in the event of the accident, since
then
I have made several enquiries to locate any of my clients extended
relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his
Relatives over the Internet, to locate any member of his family but of
no avail, hence I contacted you.

I contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and property left
Behind before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the
bank where my client lodged these huge deposits.

Particularly, the Bank where the deceased had an account valued at
about 28.3 million dollars. Consequently, the bank issued me a notice to
provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within a short
time. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over
some years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of
the deceased since you share the same surname so that the proceeds of
this account valued at 28.3 million dollars can be paid to you for both
of us to share the money; 55% to me and 40% to you, while 5% should be
for expenses or tax as your government may require. I have all
necessary legal documents that can be used to backup the claim.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal
Through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate
arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please get in
touch with me through my email to enable us discuss further.

Thanks for you kind co-operation

Barrister Williams Esq.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 pm

    I am still getting these e-mails. Sometimes I reply with a scathing nasty-gram. But lately, I've been sending the phone & fax numbers of the Secret Service posted on this page as my only reply. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 pm

    I got this email as well, names all changed as well. I was just gulible enough to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were actually looking for a legitimate descendent, so I informed them I could not be the person they were looking for, and they replied spelling out more clearly to me that this was a scam, thought you might find that email interesting:

    Hello Derrick,

    I quite understand what you mean about the name issue.
    The point is that I am aware that Derrick is your
    first name. This is just a deal between you and me and
    no other person is supposed to be involved in the
    details but us both. The fact is that I will adjust
    your names in all the documents to be presented at any
    time so that your first name becomes the surname. Note
    that we are only doing this because of the name
    similarity and we can get a waiver from the
    authorities so that the presentation of your passport
    or drivers license identification will be only on the
    signing and claiming of the fund. I will only require
    your photo identity for my personal familiarity with
    you. Remember that I do not know for sure if you are
    related to late Mr. Michael Derrick or not.

    I feel it is utmost for me to explain the details of
    this transaction because I have planned it in such a
    way that it will be easy enough for us to carry out.
    All I need is for you to keep in constant
    communication with me and everything will go well.
    First, you will send me all contact details including
    your full personal profile (age, profession, religion,
    etc) phone, fax numbers and a full address. I will
    require them for the filling out of necessary forms
    and preparation of documents which will authenticate
    our claims. Once you send me the required data, I
    shall swear an affidavit in the Federal High Court
    here stating that you are a true next-of-kin to late
    Mr. Derrick and from there, I shall apply on your
    behalf for the release of the deposited funds. Once we
    get an approval from their local office here, then we
    are through with the whole deal and they will invite
    you to sign out and collect the deposited funds in
    Amsterdam - Holland. We will then meet and split the
    money accordingly.

    If this is alright with you, please contact me
    immediately through my numbers: +234-805-275-6570 and
    +234-803-798-4946.

    I await to get a positive response from you.

    Regards,

    Barr. Thomas Woodman

    (I of course replied that I wasnt intrested at this point, and posted the email on the secret service web site you referenced on your site, though it seems unlikely they would have time to mess with stuff like this.)

    ReplyDelete