Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Friday, March 18, 2005

This jolly little note plopped into my inbox this morning.

The writer claims to be an auditor with the accountant general's office in South Africa.

Of course he isn't really.

He claims to have access to a dormant account of $65M.

Of course there is no such account.

He wants me to pose as "next of keen", whatever that is! So that he can steal the non existent money.

Don't fall for this, it is a scam.

FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
AUDITOR GENERAL`S OFFICE
SOUTH AFRICA
ALTERNATIVE EMAIL

ATTN:Sir/Madam

Accept my apologiesfor writting toyou in this mode,it is my quest for a
foreigner and international assistance that i sought your help.

My name is DR GARUBA BAMAYI, an auditor with accountant general's
Office,South Africa.durining the course of our auditing, I discovered
an account opened with one of the branches of Co-operative and
commerce bank since the year 1996. This account was functional and
operative until August ending 2001, when the last withdrawal of
(USD$23,000) twentythree thousand United States dollars was made from
the account via transfer request to Europe. This leaves the balance
of (USD$65.000.000) Sixty five Million United States dollars.

On further investigation into the dormant account, I found the name
of the account Holder to be one Mr. Daniel Hans(aforeigner ) the
Director Danhans Investment Pty Ltd. A solid mineral based company.
From the cash withdrawal requisition he made through the offshore
payment office in Europe, it was discovered that Mr. Hans Daniel and
family are billed for holiday in United States Of America By first
week of September.

The story later had it that the whole family left South Africa early
August, leaving the Gardner in charge of their resident in South
Africa.The Gardner confirmed that Hans last phone call was on
September 10th 2001 before the incident bombing attack on the
Pentagon and the world trade center.The Gardner has made away with
valuables to the black Township of Soweto.

Now, the bank will release this money to any foreigner that forwards
claims as next of keen to Mr. Hans Daniel provided that the person
has useful information and necessary documents. It is a fact that I
do not know you before, my reason to look for your
address through directory was this need to use a foreigner like you.

I have plans to arrange all documents and secure approvals for the
payment in your favour if you accept to work with me. Your part is
either to provide your existing dollar account or you set up new one.
If I have your account information, I will handle the rest by
initially transferring (USD$65.000.000.00)Sixty five Million Dollars
into your account.

On successful transfer of the first phase, I will come over to your
country for sharing. We shall reserve 25% for charity organizations,
25%for your assistance,5% for expences then the remaining 45% will be
invested for me in your country under your supervision. Please
indicate your interest to work with me, by sending your phone and fax
numbers and the account information.

Yours faithfully,
DR GARUBA BAMAYI

No comments:

Post a Comment