Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, February 21, 2005

I received this charming little note today, from someone claiming to be the South African Minister of Communications.

He says that he has $20M, arising from the "over invoicing" (theft to you and me) of a contract.

Needless to say this money doesn't really exist. However, our dear friend wants me to help him move this non existent money out of South Africa.

In other words he wants me to help him steal it!

For good measure he closes his email with the phrase "Honesty and transparency, they are my best work tools".

I have no sympathy for anyone who loses money, by falling for this nasty little scam.

Dear friend,

I am contacting you to front as a co-owner and beneficiary of funds
(US$25,000,000.00) due for an executed contract here in South africa.

I am currently a high ranking government official in the ruling cabinet of
President Thabo Mbeki (South Africa).

This funds are a result of over-invoiced proceeds of a contract I helped a
South African based company secure and is yet to be paid out by the Reserve
Bank of South Africa.

This funds emanated as a result of an over-invoiced contract which Sentech
(Pty)Ltd., a communications company executed with the Government of South
Africa. I am afraid that the government of South Africa might start to
investigate on contracts awarded from 2000 to date. If they discover this
money yet unclaimed with my name linked to it, the government will
confiscate the money and this will definitely affect my political career in
Government.

I want your assistance to front as a co-owner of this company (SENTECH [PTY]
LTD) to facilitate the release of the funds. I will introduce a very good
attorney to assist us with the transfer process without any hitch but he
will not be told my interest in the transaction as I play a very sensitive
role in my government. As the contract was executed
in my present government department, be rest assured that I will use my
position to approve the immediate release of the entitlement. As soon as the
funds is release to your name, you are expected to move it
immediately into your personal bank account in your country. As soon as you
have confirmed receipt of the funds into your account, I will arrange to
meet with you.

If you agree to my proposal, please endeavour to send me an urgent reply to;

Due to my sensitive position in the South African
Government, I would not want you to phone or fax me.

The lawyer I will recommend to assist us will be representing our interest
at the Reserve Bank of South Africa and all necessary quarters. All future
correspondence must be made either to the attorney or myself.

I am reposing huge trust on you regardless of your being a total stranger.
Upon your reply, we shall discuss your percentage for
your assistance.

Because of my sensitive position as serving government official, I will only
give you more details of myself when we proceed further and I am sure of
your sincerity.

Thank you.

Dr. Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri

MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS

Honesty and transparency, they are my best work tools

No comments:

Post a Comment