Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A certain Biros Affi writes to me today, with a splendidly dishonest proposal.

He claims to have access to $8M, lying in the account of a dead man.

In reality there is of course no money, but Mr Affi is assuming that I am stupid; big mistake mate!

He wants me to pose the next of kin of the dead man, who also doesn't exist, so that he can transfer the non existent money out of the country; in other words, he wants me to commit fraud.

He claims that there is no risk, well he would say that wouldn't he?

Were I to fall for this obvious scam, I would be very stupid, dishonest and greedy indeed.

I am not, I hope you're not either!

FROM Mr BIROS AFFI
ACCOUNTS / OPERATION DEPARTMENT,
BANK IN COTE D'IVORE
ABIDJAN COTE D'IVORE(IVORY COAST)
Email
Tel +

Dear ,

Compliments of the season and how are you today, i
hope fine. before i proceed i would like to introduce
my self to you.My name is Mr BIROS AFFI , a staff in
accounts/ operation department of A Bank IN COTE
D'IVOIRE(IVOIRE COAST). I have urgent and very
confidential business proposition for you. I got your
contact from the world trade center (W.T.C.) regional
office in ABIDJAN COTE D'IVOIRE the details of my
intention was not made known to them.

On June 6 2000, An oil consultant / contractor with
the ABIDJAN COTE D'IVOIRE National Petrolum
Corporation, MR KAFFAL AMMARI, made a numbered
time(fixed) deposited for twelve calendar valued at
US$8,000,000.00 (Eight Million united states dollars)
in my branch. Upon maturity, I sent a routine
notification to his forwarding address but got no
reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally
we discovered from his contact employers COTE D'IVOIRE
National Petroleum corporation that MR KAFFAL AMMAR,
died in auto crash along with his entire family. On
further investigation, I found out that he did not
leave a WILL and all attempts to trace his next of kin
were fruitless. I therefore made further investigation
and discovered that MR KAFFAL AMMAR, did not declare
any next of kin in all his official documents,
including his Bank Deposit paperwork.

This sum of US$8,000,000.00 is still sitting in the
Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the
principal sum at the end of each year. No one will
come forward to claim it. According to the ABIDJAN
COTE D'IVOIRE Law, at the expiration of 6 (six) years,
the money will revert to the ownership of the COTE
D'IVOIRE Government if nobody applies to claim the
funds. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like
you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to
MR KAFFAL
AMMAR,so that the fruits of this old mans labor will
not get into the handsof some corrupt government
officials.

This is simple, 1. I will like you to provide me
immediately with your full names and address so that
the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents
and affidavits, which will put you in place as the
next of kin to this fixed deposit.
2. We shall employ the services of an attorney for
drafting all the necessary documents in your favour
for the transfer. 3. A bank account in any partof the
world, which you provide, will then facilitate the
transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary /
next of kin of MR KAFFAL AMMAR I. The money will be
paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of
60% for me and 40% for you.

There is no risk as all the paper work for this
transaction will be done by the attorney and my
position as a staff of this department, guarantees the
successful execution of this deal.
If you are interested, please reply immediately via
the private email address below or up. Upon your
response, I shall then provide you with more details
and relevant documents that will help you understand
the deal very well. Please observe ultimost
confidentiality, and rest assured that this
transaction would be most profitable for both of us
because I shall require your assistance to invest my
share in your country.
Feel free to contact me on both the above telephone
number and email address for confidential reasons.
Looking forward to see your urgent responce.

Regards,

Mr BIROS AFFI

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 pm

    THANKS FOR STUPID PUNTS . I THINK THIS GUY BIROS AFFI HAS CHANGED HIS APROACH A LITTLE HE STILL TALKS ABOUT A DEAD MAN, BUT HE CLAIMS HE IS 25 YRS AND A STUDENT AND HE NEEDS TO HAVE (13,000,000)THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS. TRANSFERED TO AND US ACCOUNT AND HOW HE WANT US TO ADOPT HIM AS OUR SON .

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he really had the money then he might be worth adopting, even if he is a little old!

    ReplyDelete