Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I received this finely crafted message three times today; twice from Hassan and once from a John Hilary.

They have a bank account with $7M, the owner died in 1990, no one knows about it blah, blah blah...they need a foreigner (that's me!).

Risk free, of course, and the hand of God; what could be better?

This is actually an example of the double bluff; by appearing to be totally stupid and incompetent, they lull the greedy and stupid into a false sense of superiority.

Dear Sir,
I am Mr Mustapha Hassan
An eastern district senior Staff of City Credit Bank of Abidjan Branch (CCB).
There is an account opened in this bank in 1985 and since 1990 nobody has
operated on this account again. After going through some old files in the
records I discovered
that if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing.

The owner of this account was Mr. James Maurice Smith a foreigner, and the
manager of Petrol-Technical Support Services Inc., a chemical engineer by
profession and he died since 1990. No other person knows about this account or
any thing concerning it, t
he account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well
that this company does not know anything about this account and the amount
involved is (usd7.3million dollars).

I want to transfer this money into a safe foreigner̢۪s account abroad but I
don't know any foreigner, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this
money cannot be approved to a local bank here, but can only be approved to any
foreign account becau
se the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the account, Mr. James
Maurice Smith, is a foreigner too. I know that this project will come to you as
a surprise as we do not know ourselves before, but be sure that it is real and a
genuine and risk
-free.

I only got your contact address through internet, with belief in God that you
will never let me down in this project. You are the only person that I have
contacted in this project, so please reply urgently so that I will inform you
the next step to take
urgently. Send your private telephone and fax numbers including the full details
of the account to be used for the deposit.

I want us to meet face to face or sign a binding agreement to bind us together
so that you can receive this money into a foreign account or any account of your
choice where the fund will be safe. And I will fly to your country for
withdrawal and sharing
and other investments.
I am contacting you because of the need to involve a foreigner with foreign
account as a foreign beneficiary. I need your full co-operation to make this
project fine.

Thanks.
And best regards,.
Mr Mustapha Hassan

No comments:

Post a Comment