Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

These pesky scammers come from all over the place these days.

This mail arrived in my mail box today, purportedly from the Lombard Financial Consultancy for the Bank of Scotland.

However, it is a scam. They want me to pretend to be the next of kin of a non existent person.

Once I have sent them my bank details etc I will find my id stolen, or find that they are trying to charge me a "processing fee".

Please don't be stupid and greedy, these mails are con tricks.

Ref: ZA-296-ENQR / BANK OF SCOTLAND


I work for Lombard Financial Consultancy in the United Kingdom. We are in the
middle of a very important enquiry which has necessitated getting in touch with
you..
I am getting in touch with you on behalf of our client, which is a top United
Kingdom bank (Bank of Scotland).
We are conducting a search for any next of kin for a particular investor who has
passed on.

Please do you have any relatives who have lived in Belgium for the last 30 years
or more.
Also are you aware of any relatives who might have been into real estate or a
huge investor in
Energy.

We understand that this might be all too sudden for you, however we will
appreciate that you
get back to us even if no one of the above description is known to you.

This will help us put an end to this matter. The reason we are getting in touch
with you is because you share the same name with the individual.

Please can you send us a mail indicating if you know any one with the above
description. Also
If no one of such description is known to you please send us a mail stating
that, as this
Will help us stop further communication with you.
Can you please send your reply to
as I am in charge of this enquiry.
Please kindly get in touch by email to this enquiry, as this will enable us stop
further communication with you.

Thanks

Ms Wood Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment