Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Dr Jack writes to me today, offering me a scam that is "100% legal".

Oh dear, Dr Jack appears to have forgotten to include the "il" bit in front of the word "legal".

How very remiss of him!

Dear Sir,

CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT

Thank you for your reply to my first email. I needed to be very sure ofyou before I disclose my identity for confidentiality purpose.

Also let me assure you that this is 100% legal. Success is guaranteed if youfollow my instructions religiously.

Now that you have replied the correspondence with interest I will give you more information about the business and myself.My name is Mr Jack Sisano Director of Audit and Project Implementation inthe Department of Minerals & Energy South Africa.

I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in theexecution of the deal hereunder for the benefit of all parties and hopeyou will keep it confidential because of the nature of this business.

Within the Department of Minerals & Energy where I work as a Director ofAudit and Project Implementation and with the co-operation of two othertop officials, we have in our possession an overdue payment in US funds.

The said funds represent certain percentage of the total contract valueexecuted on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, whichwe the officials over-invoiced to the amount of US$26.500, 000.00(Twenty-Six Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

Though the actual contract cost has been paid to the original contractor,leaving the excess balance unclaimed. Since the present elected Government is determined to pay foreigncontractors all debts owed, so as to maintain good relationship withforeign governments and non-government agencies, we included our bills forapprovals with the Department of Finance and the South Africa Reserve Bank(SARB).

We are seeking your assistance to front as beneficiary of the unclaimedfunds, since we are not allowed to operate foreign accounts details andchange of beneficiary information upon application for claim to reflectpayment and approvals will be secured on behalf of you/your Company.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you bewilling to assist us in this transaction your share as compensation Willbe US$6.625m (25%), while my colleagues and I receive US$17.225m (65%) andthe balance of US$2.650m (10%) for taxation and miscellaneous expensesincurred.

The business is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it withUtmost confidentiality. It does not matter whether you/your Companydoes contract projects, as a transfer of powers will be secured infavor of you/your Company. Also, your area of specialization is not a hindrance to the successfulexecution of this transaction.

I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will notdisappoint us. Thanks for your co-operation.

Best regards,

Dr. Jack Sisano

E-mail: jak_sisano@yahoo.co.uk
jsisano@strompost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment