Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Here is the latest scam from our "chums" in the underworld. The scammer is looking for me to make a reservation in my restaurant.

Needless to say I do not have a restaurant, but he sweetens the pill by saying that he also wants some mobile phones.

All of this is designed to entrap the unwary, greedy and dishonest into revealing bank codes and account details.

Quite alarmingly there are people on the planet who are stupid enough to fall for this.

Dear Sir / Madam,

Allow me to announce you my desire to seek your collaboration .Indeed I am Mr. Phillipe YOTA, the owner of a very big Company of import and exports, manufacture... in Ivory Coast and due to the partnership signed between new collaborators and my company, I would like to reserve your restaurant for November the 30th 2006.

I would like to be in contact with the person in charge of the restaurant. My budget for this reception is 8.000 euros planned for a cocktail and a dinner (From 6:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M).
I want the best for this business reception and all that is essential to insure the good progress of this reception. The reservation is for 30 guests but if it is possible to reserve the complete restaurant there is no problem.
Is it possible for you to give me the best services with this budget?

I wish to settle the payment in advance by credit card that you will charge directly at your restaurant and I would like to know if you have the necessary equipment for this transaction ( The POS machine).

This said I still need your assistance to have 15 Cells phones which will serve for rewarding the best 15 employees of my company.
Cells phones will be put back to them during a trade fair which I will organize before our arrival to your restaurant.
Our choice concerned to cells phones which are not yet sold in our market . We would thus want that you find us these cells phones in your region knowing that they will there be less expensive.
It is about:

SONY ERICSSON P990i....................................................... 8 Pieces.

NOKIA N93.................................................................... 7 pieces



As soon as you will have the quotation for these cells phones from a phone seller , I thus ask you to send it to me by including the expenses of reservation of the restaurant without forgotten the shipping cost of the cells phones by DHL Express.

To thank you for the remarkable work which you will have made to help us to get the cells phones on time, we agreed, the steering committee and I to give you a personal 1000 € as personal commission.

To finish I let you know that the payment of our invoice (Restaurant + Cells phones + DHL Shipping cost + Your commission) will be made by credit card that you will have to charge at your Restaurant through the your POS machine as I have already explained it to you higher.
Hoping to count on your whole arrangement, I am looking forward to your confirm.



Mr Phillipe YOTA
Administrateur
ETS HB, 43 rue du canal
Abidjan Côte d Ivoire
tel: +225 01 55 39 46
fax: +225 01 55 39 46

No comments:

Post a Comment