Stupid Punts!

Stupid Punts!

Text

Examples of the "Nigerian scam" that flood my email box everyday.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

This scammer, a certain "Mrs Benson", claims to be the link between OPEC and the Wolrd Bank in West Africa.

She claims to have $45M made from oil deals, we shall assume that she means stolen.

Needless to say the poor dear can't get her sweaty greedy little hands on the money, she needs my help.

The letter actually makes quite a good point, which the greedy morons who fall for these scams ought to bear in mind.

Now suppose for one second that the money really existed, which of course it doesn't, any transfer of that size would be monitored by international agencies such as the CIA and FBI. Large cash transfers are usually associated with money laundering illegal funds, made from drugs or terrorism.

The recipient of the money (which to repeat ad nauseam does not exist) would be on the receiving end of a visit from the MIB; not very pleasant at all!

Mrs Benson then assures me that there is no risk at all in the scheme, utter tosh!

ATTN: CEO/PRESIDENT

I want you to patiently read this offer. I am MRS. ANNE BENSON the Head
of Delegation to the World Bank in West Africa. I am the linkman between
the Organization For Petroleum Exporting Countries - OPEC and the petroleum
sector in a West African country. I also attend OPEC meetings constantly
in Geneva. Through the sale of our allocated oil quota in OPEC, I was able
to make S$45.2million, which is currently deposited in a European Security
and Finance company.

I want you to assist me to claim this money as I cannot claim it directly
because I am still a Civil servant, and the code of conduct bureau forbid
me to acquire such amount of money. It is on this basis that I am contacting
you for assistance, if you will be interested; claim documents have been
processed and sent to you. The documents with which the fund is deposited
will be changed to reflect you as the new beneficiary so that you will be
Eligible to collect the fund on my behalf.

I will give you 30% of the fund for this assistance. I am aware of the international
monitoring of all large-scale financial movements after the September 11th
2001 terrorist attack on America and to avoid any state of financial investigation
I will provide a classified clearance paper from the relevant body which
will exonerate the money from either drug, money laundered or terrorist
related proceeds. Kindly respond to my proposal through this my private
on the receipt of your Email: .

I want to assure you that there is no risk attached in this transaction.
You should also provide me with your private telephone and fax numbers for
easier communication. Expecting your response.

Best regards,

MRS. ANNE BENSON


No comments:

Post a Comment